30.9.12

Oli Boy

Last night we drove to Hilo for the 17th Annual KWXX Ho'olaule'a in Downtown Hilo.  When Mr A and I were first dating we spent a lot of time driving around.  He played the same 2 CDs over and over again: 3 Plus and Sudden Rush.  I memorized both before the first month was over.
Sudden Rush is from Hilo and they are always performing at free events.  I'm surprised we've never seen them before, but there has to be a first time for everything.  Totally worth it.  Sudden Rush is so awesome.  I hope to see them again in the future.


Ikaika was in the zone last night.  When I ran into Starbucks, Mr A says Ikaika was chanting in the backseat and a lady actually stopped her car and asked him "your boy oli (chanting)?!"  After about 30 minutes, I figured I should capture this for posterity.
Just so you know, I can't do this chant.  I can't even do it when I have the words right in front of me on a piece of paper.  I love how he gets lost in the middle and is somehow able to pick it back up again.  And how he lets me know when he's done ("pau!") so I can stop filming him.  I also love how Koa is in the background "chanting", too.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment