3.6.12

30 Years

Here it is...last night in my 20s.  It was a good decade.  In the past 10 years I have...

  • lived in 4 different states 
  • lived in 3 different countries
  • earned my bachelors degree
  • given birth to 2 children
  • dated at least 6 different guys (depending on the early 20s definition of dating)
  • married the best one ;)
  • gained new appreciation for my faith
  • lost two close family members
  • gotten off all medications
  • learned three new languages
  • voted in 2 elections
  • worked at least 10 different jobs (!)
  • filled countless pages with words
  • created countless craft projects
  • interacted with countless new people

...and, most importantly, in the past 10 years I have had a blast!  My whole life has changed!  My world view, my priorities, my everything - its so different from what it was.  I feel like I've lived at least 3 lives in such a short time span.  
I am so happy and excited about where I am right at this moment.  I don't know how I could have accomplished more in my 20s and I leave them with no regrets.  What will my 30s bring?  Stability, responsibility, maturity even?  A new kind of thrilling experience.  I wouldn't change a thing about what has delivered me to this point.  

Cheers, 20-somethings.  Its been a ball.

1 comment: