a) the fit was awful ("my ass ate them alive" doesn't even do it justice)
b) the velcro was worn and the placement of the ties was truly strange/completely impractical
c) that consignment store is notoriously overpriced - I never go there
d) they were over $4 after taxes, which is more than I like to pay unless its an upscale brand in good condition, which is wasn't
e) they have a no return or exchange policy
f) I already have board shorts
g) there's a reason I don't buy pants or shorts if I can't try them on...
So, it was a sad waste and Mr A was understandably bummed out. Despite the epic fail, I was pleased to see him gifting with frugality. He *gets* me. Aww.
Move over, Dear. Let the master show you how it's done.
Here's today's score from Mamas House Thrift Store:
- Old Navy flannel pajama pants with glittery ties
- blue cotton pants - planning to use the fabric in my sister's quilt
|aren't these patterns cute? love the blue.|
- Awa Tshirt - awa is Hawaiian for kava/native booze root
- Small Tshirt from Punanaleo O Waimea - aka Ikaika's preschool
- Medium long sleeve - good PJ top to match the pants. The white part is all stretched out and needs to be removed.
- Tshirt for my little sister for when she travels outside the US to all those conservative countries in the Middle East
- 100% Lambswool GAP sweater. Going to make another pair of pants for Koa. I'm thinking about saving the body pieces and trying to collect enough to make a wool quilt like THIS
- wool hat - for felting/crafting
- ROXY Medium wrap skirt. Got this for the fabric but then I tried it on and love it. Can also be worn as a dress.
- sarong - gift
- Shorts, Aeropostale. In some kind of poetic justice, these fit even WORSE than the ones Mr A got me. Gross. They will be returning with my next donation!
- Old Navy pointelle sweater. So soft, so light, so feminine. I am very in love with this...but I have no idea how (what, where) to wear it.
- Tshirts for Ikaika
- PJs for Koa - he has the exact same ones in a different color. The size tag is missing so I hope they fit.
- Gymboree cotton sweater, 18-24M. Hoping to squeeze it on Koa a few times before passing it along.
- Japanese towel thing from the town temple - wearing this to the next Bon Odori festival.
- Bunny Newborn onesie
- Classic Winnie the Pooh burp cloth
- ROXY baby dress. Brand new. The chest pocket is a little heart...I melt.
There were other things, too. A Snuggie, a Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, two white pillow cases, and a few other baby items (all gifts) that I don't need to show off here because I think you already get the point.
Grand Total: $2.13