11.5.12

ITS ABOUT TIME!

In the last election, I kept rolling my eyes at Obama's stance on gay marriage.  He was just supportive enough to get the supporters support but without actually supporting it at all.  Good for you, Mr President.  Way to pick a side and go with it.

And, frankly, way to pick the only side that makes any wink of sense.  The fact that Americans are still holding onto this "one man, one woman" garbage is astounding.  

OBAMA SAID:
"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," he told ABC.

BIDEN SAID:
"I am absolutely comfortable with the fact that men marrying men, women marrying women, and heterosexual men and women marrying another are entitled to the same exact rights, all the civil rights, all the civil liberties.  And quite frankly, I don't see much of a distinction beyond that."


No comments:

Post a Comment