18.4.11

Quik N Dirty Sticky Buns

These sound so good, I don't care if they are totally unhealthy.  I'm probably going to make these Easter morning or some other lazy weekend AM when I just want something that makes my house smell heavenly.  I wonder if there is a way to make biscuit mix ahead of time because the only thing I'm leery of in this recipe is the processed packaged biscuits with their myriad of unidentifiable ingredients.  Although, considering this is a LAZY day breakfast, I'm not willing to slave over dough - no matter how healthy it would be.

Anyhow, on with the recipe...

1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and thinly sliced into 10 pieces
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 7.5 oz tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Heat oven to 375.

Drop a piece of butter in the bottom of 10 compartments of a muffin tin.  Arrange the banana slices on top.  Sprinkle the pecans and brown sugar over the bananas.  Top each compartment with a biscuit.

Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven.

Place a baking sheet on top of the tin while the buns are still hot.  Carefully flip the tin over, tapping the bottom to release the buns. 

Transfer to a platter, serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment