17.1.11

Couch 2 5K Program

After the recent success of the Resolution Run and Polar Bear Dive, I have decided to give running the ole college try.  My new goal is to run in the Kona Brewers Run for Hops 5K on March 12th.  But this time, I'm going to train for real. 

My goal is to finish the Couch-to-5K Running Plan before then.  I started last week and so far, so good.  Although the first few weeks are a lot more walking and a lot less running.  So either this is just very manageable or I am in for a world of hurt later down the road. 

For the Kona 5K, I have already garnered Mr A's participation and we are planning to be pushing the boys in a jogging stroller (should we be able to track one down we can borrow for the afternoon).  Based on this, I'm not expecting to fly through the race, but I would like to shave some time off from my New Years finish of 32 minutes.  I'm also going to participate in the post-race beer garden - no excuses this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment