15.11.10

Holiday Crafting Party - Mom's Night Off

 Every mom needs a break.  Especially me.  I finally got out of the house and away from my children!  A friend from my mom's group - MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) - hosted a crafting party this weekend.  What is a crafting party, you say?

First of all, there is food and friendly conversation...


An opportunity to work on a UFO (unfinished object) or just watch other people and get some good ideas.  Niki was making a digital scrapbook, which I had never heard of but now desperately want to try!  I was knitting an afghan.


SIDE NOTE: Every time I start an afghan it seems like a great idea.  Then I get about half way through it and think "This is so stupid, why did I ever want to do this?  This will never get done in time.  I am sick of looking at it."   I spend the next few weeks/months/year stressing out about getting the stupid thing done so I won't have to look at it again.  Sigh...  oh well.


There is also plenty of wine, which leads to plenty of dancing! 

Knowing what I know now about crafting parties, I am going to bring something more brainless next time.  The afghan isn't exactly "complicated" but the pattern does have some amount of open lace-type work and requires a certain level of concentration I just didn't have with all the rowdy fun going on.  I got about one and a half rows done in 6 hours.


 For some reason, there was also an aerobics demonstration.  I'm not sure if this is standard craft party stuff but it worked for me.  And just look at my form!  Must be all the weight lifting in college!

1 comment: