I love these Candied Christmas Almonds from Super Healthy Kids.com! Not only are they surprisingly simple to make, they are delicious, (somewhat) nutritious, and they last longer than cookies - which means I can make a huge batch now and have gifts on hand for friends or coworkers as the holidays approach.
Start with all the ingredients above. I used regular bulk raw almonds - not salted or toasted.
- Mix an egg white with 1 tsp of vanilla and beat it with a fork until nice & fluffy.
- Add 1lb (about 2.5 cups) of almonds and mix until well coated with the egg white.
- Mix 3/4C brown sugar and 1/4C white sugar in a bowl with 1/2 tsp salt and 1tsp cinnamon (not pictured - oops!).
- Mix almonds and sugar until well coated.
- Spread evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 225 degrees - stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I love Super Healthy Kids' idea of bagging them in pretzel bags from the candy aisle of the craft store. They are just the perfect size and can be customized with any type of holiday ribbon. I had so much fun making these and the whole apartment smelled AWESOME in the meantime!