As I was making my lunch and searching the cupboard for something to sprinkle on my halibut before subjecting it to the steamer, I came across this...
Why, Husband, must you shop at Costco for seasonings? Was it the "organic" label that immediately hooked you, rendering you helpless to resist the temptation of buying a JUG of mystery spice? What is this stuff anyway?!
This drives me bonkers for multiple reasons.
- this has been in the cabinet for over 2 months and we, predictably, have barely put a dent in it.
- I have never bought "no salt seasoning" in small quantities (ie. we don't regularly consume this product, let alone plow through a gallon of it at a time)
- I have no idea what to do with this.
- even if I did, I guarantee we would get sick of it long before we could see the bottom of the container.
- it takes up prime real estate in my very modest pantry!
So I sprinkled this on my fish and shook my head at the hilarity of my husband's logic.