9.6.12

Cleansing! Waffles!

With all the attention I've been giving my closet lately, I failed to mention my fast.

To usher in a new decade of my life, I began The Master Cleanse on Monday.  Two week (in theory) of drinking nothing but yummy lemon-drink and flush, flush, flushing.  Yahoo!  I am currently finishing day 6.

I've done this cleanse twice before.  The first time for 13 days, the second for about 8 days with some "cheating".  So far I've been okay.  The other night I cooked for about 7 hours straight, making 9 freezer meals.  I don't know how good they will turn out because I couldn't check my work along the way, but it helped satisfy my temporary food obsession.

The end of me might be my new waffle iron.  I scored again at the thrift store today and picked up (among other awesome things) a waffle iron for $1.50!  I brought it home, spiffed it up, and set to work making my first batch of flax waffles.  The boys devoured 2 and the rest went to the freezer, waiting to be popped in the toaster on some delightfully busy morning.    


They ate Keiki Waffle Paninis for Dinner.  Did I mention I am in LOVE with the waffle iron?!

KEIKI WAFFLE PANINI RECIPE

slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed

1/2 cup purple (okinawan) sweet potato puree
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 Tbs agave nectar
1 Tbs flax meal mixed with 3 Tbs water (or 1 egg white)
dash of salt

Mix everything except the bread in a food processor until its a nice, creamy paste.  Spread on half the slices of bread and top with remaining slice.  Put it in a waffle iron for 2-3 minutes or until the whole thing sticks together.

This was a huge hit.  Eating purple stuff is always cool.  There is probably enough mix for a whole loaf of bread so just make however many and store the rest in the fridge.  You can also leave the crusts on but its doesn't end up looking very waffle-like.  I made breadcrumbs from the crusts.

No comments:

Post a Comment