30.3.12

Unfinished Business

Right now I'm still working on my adult-sized sweater.  I keep getting distracted by other projects!  It will be a miracle if I finish this thing.  But I got the entire back piece done, so I'm 1/5 of the way there. 

And, to be honest, it wasn't that painful.  If I spend my lunch break at work knitting, I can finish a section in about 2 weeks.
detail of the lace panel

 I'm also working on a crochet bikini (!!!) for Mr A's daughter.  I even ordered the yarn specially for this project (usually its the other way around - the yarn finds me first).  It is a scrumptiously soft, fine gauge Egyptian cotton.  I looooove it.  Its so luscious! 

I really like the color too.  The pattern has this nice fan motif.  The top is working up nicely and the instructions are straight-forward.  I'm a little nervous about the bottoms because I'm going to modify the original pattern and deviating from the directions gives me hives.

And, you know, I'm always panicking about fit.  She assured me that she doesn't care if it's perfect...but I care!
detail of the fan motif

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I so wish I could knit! Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete