21.11.11

Wine Class

sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon, and port

"Swirl your glass, it's time for class"
 When this showed up in my email inbox 3 weeks ago, I was stoked!  My friend from MOPS is a wine sommelier, a viticulturist, a sales rep for a vineyard in California, and an amazing person.  She is so amazingly awesome that she set up an entire wine tasting class for the gals at her beautiful home.

Explaining the ins and outs of wine

This is probably the most fun I've had on a Friday night in years.  She explained the wine making process, answered all our questions, guided us through 6 delicious (locally available and affordable) wines, provided enough cheese and carbs to kill an elephant and did all the dishes afterward.  Did I mention that she is awesome?!

attentive students

One of the main reasons I find all of this so interesting is because I've been embarking on my own journey of coffee appreciation and wine (chocolate and whiskey) tasting is similar in training the brain.  Although during her class we learned that you can identify scents like "petrol" and "cat pee" and it's not a bad thing.  Eww. 
This was 100 times better than going to a winery and now I feel 100 times more confident to stroll into the liquor store, with it's massive catacombs of wine bottles, and pick out something I would enjoy with dinner. 

we are all ridiculously tan but this is Hawaii

1 comment: