Now that I am working part time at Starbucks, Ikaika has been wild about the whole coffee shop thing (which is so awesome because on my days off there is nothing I would rather do more than hang out at work...).
I'm not about to set my 3 year old loose on whole bean coffee, so I'm thankful that Starbucks has many wonderful options for the discerning toddler pallette. Here are Ikaika's favorites:
- Tall (12oz) strawberries and cream frappuchino with no base and no sweetener (strawberry puree blended with some milk and ice)
- Any of the Vivano smoothies - although they only come in 16oz size so I split those with him
- Short (8oz) apple juice (half juice/half water) with ice
- PASSION TEA - he's totally obsessed with it. I water it down at home and add stevia to sweeten.
- Short steamed apple juice (again, watered down) with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Alternately, the barista can add cinnamon to the steaming pitcher so it blends into the juice.
- Short steamed milk with ONE PUMP of flavored syrup. I figure he can either have a pump of syrup OR whipped cream, but not both. Carmel steamed milk is awesome.
- Short hot chocolate with ONE PUMP mocha and a HALF PUMP of vanilla.
- Short hot chocolate with ONE PUMP of mocha and soy milk - because the soy is already sweet/vanilla flavored (bonus: it's organic)
- I should also add toasted multi-grain bagels with reduced fat cream cheese because he loves em!