20.10.11

Ikaika's 3rd Birthday

Ikaika's 3rd birthday came and went without too much fanfare.  Earlier this year, I came to terms with the fact that I'm not a "child's birthday party" kind of person.  Because of this, I won't be doing any birthday parties until my kids are old enough to beg for them. 


I did make legit cupcakes for his little friends at Tutu & Me.  I got a box of cake mix and added in some canned pumpkin to ease my guilt.  I let him pick out a tube of "frosting" and he chose hot pink.  I hope I don't totally give up by the time Koa turns 3 (giant Betty Crocker devil's food cake topped with a tub of buttercream).  Mostly, because my kids wouldn't really be eating these (Ikaika had one, Koa didn't have any), I didn't want to waste the time/money on making "good" cupcakes.  Is that rude?  I feel bad admitting that!


Here is everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to him - once in English, once in Hawaiian.  There were some cards and gifts at home from friends and family.  Despite the lack of a formal celebration, he had such a good time that he wanted the next day to be his birthday, too!

He's already trained to answer the question "how old are you?" with three fingers and a resounding "THREE!"  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment