30.7.11

Golfing at Mauna Kea (beach course!)


Yesterday my friend Becky treated me to a day on the links!  It was so fun - a foursome of just us gals, some Miller Lite, and the beautiful scenery of the Mauna Kea beach course.  Throw in some great shots on my part and, all in all, I would say it was a perfect Friday afternoon.

 The weather was amazing, but my camera is not.

Teeing off over hole #3.  Its 145yds and I initially used a 7 iron.  My ball bounced off the front of that slope and went straight into the water.  Plunk!  I switched to a 6 iron and landed just short of the green.  Nice.  When I used to work at Monettes (in Mauna Kea), I would always look at this hole as I drove to the parking lot.  It was a dream come true to have the opportunity to play on it!


Here's hole #6 where both Becky and I got birdies!!!  I'm a decent golfer but I'm not frequently scoring under par - so this was quite the birthday present!  Par for the course is 36 and, with only a few minor exaggerations, I shot a 49 for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment