9.5.11

A Poem

The other day, as I poured through my old journals looking for inspiration to write my Tea & Treasure testimony, Mr A asked me why I don't write anymore.  Which seems funny to say - as I am writing this on my blog.

I suppose it's because at the height of my creative output I was also in the depth of my mental breakdown.  Maybe that has left me with the subconscious impression that anything I write now wouldn't be as "real" or as "insightful".  The fear of that has kept me from trying.  It's been almost 5 years and, not to sound cliche, but I think I've lost touch with my creativity.  So the last night, I wrote a poem.  And here it is...

 A drop, a dot
a speck of sand
on a vast, curving shore.
A broken shell's
smooth pink edge
a small piece, nothing more.
Enduring the tide
a true purpose
waiting to be unearthed,
the discarded peice
of something large
is larger than its worth.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you feel like you aren't creative and yet you've posted like a zillion craft projects over the past few months. Puh-lease. You are already a creative goddess. But if you want to add poet to your already long list of accomplishments, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally write more. You are an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete