The year is quickly coming to an end (for those of us who live by the academic calendar) and it's time to finish up all those UFOs!
For a community outreach project this year, the women in MOPS cut and collect quilt squares from our kid's clothes. The blanket is going to be donated to the family unit at our local hospital in Waimea (where most all of us have given birth at least once). After deliberating with the MOPS Craft Master (Jill), we decided to go with two small baby blankets. There is no batting, just a super soft flannel backing.
The "girl" quilt got fussy in the middle. I think when I do this project again (with my own baby clothes), I am going to use interfacing on the back of the super stretchy squares. It just kept pulling and moving around! Arrg!
The "boy" blanket quilted smoother, but I put one of the rows on backwards. By the time I figured it out, I was too far along to rip everything out and fix it. The funniest part is, I bet you can't even tell what I'm talking about!