22.4.11

Mini Vacay at Keauhou

We are spending the holiday (Hawaii schools get Good Friday off) down in Keauhou with our same friends from the Egg Hunt.  They have a time share condo down here so it's like a mini vacation!

We came down late last night after their basketball game and put the boys to sleep (super late).  I didn't think about closing the blackout curtains and, needless to say, we were woken up at 6:15am by two very excited little boys!

Today Karen and I went surfing at Kahaluu where I caught (and stood up on) two - almost three - waves!  After we all took a nap, we went to an all-you-can-eat Indian food buffet.  Now we are relaxing, watching some NBA and drinking some Kona Brewery Koko Brown Ales before we head to the Sheraton for their nightly manta ray viewing.

I am having a blast.  I can not believe how were are only 1 1/2 hours from our home but it feels like a legit vacation!  If I were ever to get a vacation rental/time share/condo type thing, I would totally get it in this area.  The weather is superb, there is plenty of shopping and things to do, the beaches are amazing, and it's so lush and green.  I love it.

Tomorrow morning I am planning to go for an early morning jog.
 The ocean is out there somewhere but the sun is setting now so it's hard to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment