24.3.10

Brag Book Coffee Cup

I love these Create-Your-Own travel tumblers from Starbucks! I've given several as gifts but have never had one for myself. I was delighted when my mom included one in a recent package and here's what I made with it:

My Boys!
Starbucks also has a neat feature now where you can upload your images to Snapfish and print a tumbler insert directly from their website. You can use up to 7 images, choose the background color and add text.

I prefer to do it free hand because you can use paper, glitter, crop pictures differently, and use tickets or other memorabilia. For this cup I used washi paper and some rub-on transfer letters. The saying in Hawaiian says
I maika‘i ke kalo i ka ‘ōhā.
The goodness of the taro is judged by the young plant it produces.

These are great because I always carry a cup and now I will always have my boys with me! When Ikaika gets older and when I get sick of this design, I can just switch it out and make a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment