I love this woman's blog, her recipes are always fantastic, and she is really good about answering any questions. Its just a great resource when cooking for older children and adults rather than infants.
I dont know if its fasting or what, but Ive been cooking like a maniac. Heres a brief list of whats been pumped out of my kitchen in the last 48 hours:
- Veggie Freezer Lasagna (spinach and mushroom)
- Homemade marinara sauce for the lasagna
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies (applesauce instead of oil, juice instead of sugar, etc)
- Walnut Apricot Muffins
- Nurtitious Teething Biscuits
- WonTon Snacks (banana/cottage cheese and broccoli/cheddar)
- Baby Cereal Blueberry Pancakes
- Multi Grain Pancake Mix (scrApple pancakes this morning - yum!)
- Vampire Cupcakes (for Mr As last day party with his class)
- Zombie Brain Cupcakes (party)
- Rice Chex Muddy Buddies (party)
The pancake mix is really my pièce de résistance because we have been looking for something here in Hawaii that could replace our much beloved Trader Joes MultiGrain Pancake Mix. If I had known how simple it is to make my own I never would have thought twice about leaving TJs behind! And this way I can pack it full of any other goodies or extra healthy bits I desire! Long live the pancake!
For those of you who think Hawaii is always palm trees and balmy breeze, check out my view yesterday. Bleh! This also may have been a contributing factor to my insane cooking spree.