19.10.09

Spirit Week 2009

Shorewood High School - my alma mater in Shoreline, WA where my younger sister continues the tradition of academic excellence - is celebrating Homecoming this week, which means...SPIRIT WEEK!

Homecoming at SWHS is the highlight of the year. The Thunderbirds go all out with themes, skits, activities, etc. Everyone, from the primest princess to the lonliest loser, gets involved in Homecoming. This years theme is "Lights, Camera, Shorewood!" - a hollywood movie theme!

Although my personal favorite is "Costume Party with Grandma Thursday" (no sexy secretary costumes please, 15 year old girls!), my sister requested a tutu for Friday - "Class Color Day". Mo is a junior and her color is blue.


This tutu was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be (in fact, my sister probably could have made it herself). I used this tute from Feels Like Home. I got 1 yard of blue tulle (1.99/yd) and 2 yards of blue netting (.99/yd). Netting is the stuff shower puffies are made of - not as soft and luxurious as tulle but it was the right color (royal blue) and cheaper so I made it work.

I cut the strips to be 20 inches long, which means the skirt is super short. But she assured me that shes wearing both spandex and tights. If I had more fabric I probably would have made it longer.

Hope this works for you, Mo. Happy Homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment