1.1.13

New Years Resolutions

Its the most wonderful time of the year...

New Years Resolution Time!

I love making lists - love it with a strange, unexplainable passion.  I did alright with last year's resolutions, there is always room for life to change.  That's why I always set so many goals, if I finish even half of them that's still quite a few!

Here's what I came up with for 2013"

FINISH THE BOOK
I'm almost done with the first draft.  My immediate goal is to have something I can send to my grandmother before the end of January, when she treks down south and has lots of free time to read and edit.  Ideally, I would like to see it revised and edited, with a few query letter sent out by the end of the year.

SEND ONE LETTER A MONTH
I want to send one snail mail letter a month to friends that I don't communicate regularly with but think about all the time.  Trust me, there are at least a dozen of them and they all like getting mailbox love.

RCIA CLASS (seriously this time!)
Whenever I hear about about confirmation, they are already two or three classes into the cycle.  I need to find out exactly what time of the year they start and make sure I get on it right away this year.  I am going to stop by the parish office this week.  BTW kids don't start religious ed until 1st grade, this I know for sure.

SUBSTITUTE TEACHING CLASS
I need to interview with a principal in order to get my name on the list for taking this class.  I'm not sure when they offer the class, but I'm going to try to at least get my name on the list by the end of February.

KNIT ADULT SIZED SWEATER
This is a must.  I actually have 10 skeins of nice pima cotton just waiting to be made into a basic cardigan.  I even have the pattern pinned on Pinterest.  Time to get knitting.

KNIT A SWEATER FOR BOTH BOYS
I haven't knit a garment for my children since the oldest was in the womb.  During the holidays, people would constantly ask me if I knit my children's sweaters, which I had to say no.  Time to say yes.  Time to whip those babies out!

FINISH KOA'S SCRAPBOOK
The fine print of this resolution is that I am not going to start any new projects (buying more yarn, pinning more DIYs on Pinterest, coming up with more ideas) until I finish all the ones I have laying around here waiting for some attention (Koa's scrapbook, backing and binding my wool blanket, aforementioned sweaters, etc).  I am for no lack of things to do in my spare time.

COMPLETE HAWAIIAN LANGUAGE BOOK
I have a Hawaiian language book that we are supposed to be studying for my son's preschool.  I am signed up for the online courses, too.  I resolve to make those a priority and finish HWN 101 before the end of the year!

DON'T EAT AFTER 8 PM
self explanatory.  Must stop the incessant snacking.  Must go to sleep earlier.


What about you?  Any hot resolutions for Twenty Thirteen?

No comments:

Post a Comment