10.4.12

Happy Easter

 Easter was so fun this year!  I actually "did something", which is somewhat unusual for me.  The night before, Mr A and I stuffed plastic eggs with some snacks I bought in bulk (organic gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels and fig cookies cut in half) - I figured these were all things I didn't mind my kids chowing on first thing in the morning.


Ikaika woke up and had already spotted some eggs from his bed.  We had a blast hunting them down then Mr A and I enjoyed a quick-mix self-crusting quiche.  The boys didn't want to eat anything unless it came from an egg.

We went to service at the Hawaiian church (Ke Ola Mau Loa).  For the first half hour I was certain that everyone was wondering what we were doing there (not a single other white person or child under the age of 10), but the Kahu (pastor) came up to us after service and said they were stoked to see some new faces!  Not only is it a great service, they also have a FEAST afterward.  No worry beef curry and tofu/mung bean sprouts to die for!  There was an egg hunt for the kids complete with basket, candy, dyed eggs, the works.  We had a blast and will definitely go again.

**The reason I wanted to check it out is because with Kaika heading to the immersion school next year, I want him to hear Hawaiian being used in the community outside of school.  It happens, but you have to seek it out.


We took a nap and then had dinner over at a friends house.  Dessert was avocado ice cream pie.  Unbelievable.  I will be making one in the very near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment