11.11.11

Kale Smoothie

Oh, Kale Smoothie.  You are, quite possibly, the world's most perfect breakfast.  Full of greens I would never otherwise be able to force down my throat and flaxseeds to keep me regular.  You require only the most minimal of ingredients and you are tasty enough for my children to drink.  You are chock full of healthy, raw goodness.  I love you, Kale Smoothie.  I want to drink you everyday.

1 cup water or orange juice (vitC in OJ helps the body to more easily absorb the iron from the kale)
3-4 kale leaves, spines removed
1 banana
1 Tbs ground flax seeds

Put water and kale in blender and puree until smooth (or smooth enough).  Add banana and flax and blend on high until banana is full incorporated.  Sip and feel virtuous.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if I seem paranoid - but is this spam? My email is keikonboard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete