7.11.11

Being Busy

I feel so overwhelmed.  There is so much to get done and only a few short hours in each day to do it all.  Sitting here, looking at the jumbled scribbly mess that is my calendar, I just want to hole up in my house and never leave.

But, the more I have to do, the more I get done.  Busy people get stuff done.  That's why the PTO president is always a career woman/soccer mom with a clean house.  If I cut back, that just opens up more free time...which I will inevitably spend on Facebook, TV, or something equally mind numbing. 

I want to lead a productive life.  I want to accomplish things each and every day.  Really, I want to be able to look at my calendar and feel invigorated instead of stressed out and overwhelmed.  What I need is to change my attitude.  I have to embrace the chaos and accept that if I crowd my schedule, there will be projects I won't finish and meetings I won't attend and that's just the way it has to be. 

This phase of my life won't last forever.  And getting stuff done is great.  I would rather be busy than bored.  Repeat...repeat...repeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment