19.5.11

DIY Laundry Soap

 My supply of ultra luxurious Shaklee Get Clean laundry concentrate was starting to dwindle.  To make it last, I thinned it out with some good-ole homemade stuff.

First, I gathered up my supplies:
  • Borax
  • Washing Soda
  • 1 bar castile soap (or olive soap)
  • Oxi-Clean
  • Tea tree oil (or essential oil of choice)
  • Food processor & measuring cup 

Next, I set up in a well-ventilated area (carport) and put on a mask because there are going to be particles flying around.  Safety first!  


I probably could have/should have worn gloves because the washing soda can irritate your skin, but I didn't and I survived.  Just wash up thoroughly afterward.
 

Using the grating disc, grate the bar of soap.  Then replace the grating disc with the S-blade.  Add in 1 cup of washing soda and 1 cup of borax.  Turn it on and let it process until it's a fine powder.


While the processor is doing its business, I like to add some essential oil.  You can add anything that smells good (sometimes I do lavender), but I like tea tree oil because it freshens my laundry machine and it has anti-fungal properties.  Add about 10 drops of oil and let it fully incorporate.

Then I take my finished laundry powder, my box of Shaklee powder, and my oxi-clean.  I add about 1/2 cup of oxi-clean and mix all three together in the box.  Ta-da!  Laundry soap life extended! 

Use about 2 Tablespoons per large load

No comments:

Post a Comment