12.3.10

Summer Pinafore and Pants


After watching a show about "Radical Parenting" on the Discovery Health channel, we have decided to raise our son in a "gender neutral environment". As part of this, I am going to start dressing him in "girl" clothes for at least two days of the week, isn't he precious?

...JUST KIDDING!
He's being a nice model for mommy's latest project!


I made this pinafore for a friend's baby shower using Simplicity pattern #9784. I like the design of the pinafore because its light and airy (the skirt doesn't close in the back) and perfect for hot Hawaiian summers.

The print fabric is one that we picked up on our honeymoon in Vanuatu.

For the lining and the pants I used a cotton fabric with tiny flower print in complimentary colors. There will also be a sunhat (and possibly shoes) made of this fabric but my sewing machine needed to take a breather.
Do you think I should add orange bows to the front of the straps?

1 comment: