17.9.09

The Perfect Thing to Say to Your Wife in the Morning

There are certain moments that remind me why I got married and why I love being in a close relationship with another person. Even though sometimes it seems like we have insurmountable problems, small instances like these make every struggle worth while.

This morning, in the middle of a dead sleep, I heard the baby rustling around somewhere in the house. I shot straight up in bed, looking like an extra in Army of Darkness.

Mr A, who was apparently already awake, leaned down and kissed my forehead, "Its okay Honey, Ive got him."

I muttered incoherent, sleepy expressions of gratitude and quickly sunk my face back into my pillow.

"Would you like me to wake you up once I have breakfast ready?"

I smiled and purred. Peeking out from under one heavy eyelid, I cooed teasingly, "ooooo...youre good."

Mr A chuckled, smiled, and walked out into the kitchen, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

1 comment: