17.6.09

Battle TOFU

Iron Chef blogging challenge with my friend in the mainland began with Battle Tofu. These results are so late because I havent had a single second of spare time in the last few days. I will post the recipes later but here are the dishes and the results (as judged by Mr A)


First off was tofu patties - something I have made before and I know my husband loves but I made them different this time and the results werent an improvement. If it aint broke - dont fix it.

Taste: 7.5 (ouch!)
Presentation: 10
Originality: 8

1 block tofu
1 can tuna (I used salmon, it wasnt as delicious)
4 large eggs
1/2 C mushrooms, finely chopped (I used canned ones)
1/4 C finely chopped onion or 1/2 tsp onion powder (chopped onion is better)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 clove garlic through a press tastes fresher)
oil for frying

squeeze as much water as possible from the tofu. Break it up and mix with all ingredients expect the oil. Drop ladle full (about 2 tablespoons) into the oil. Fry until both sides are golden brown. Drain on some paper towels.

Tofu pie. We ate it for dessert then had it again for breakfast the next morning. Clearly, I was pressed for time!

Taste: 8
Presentation: 2
Originality: 10

2 C boiling water
2 boxes Jello
1 block soft tofu
About a cup or more of fresh or frozen fruit
2 ready made crusts (I made my own with wheat germ, butter and flour - not as delicious as possible)
1 tub cool whip

Add water to jello and let congeal. Blend jello and tofu in a blender. Add fruit. Pour into pie shells. Set in fridge, top with cool whip.

I used cherry jello and blueberries. Mr A said it was like Pepto Bismol. I would suggest using strawberry with strawberries or lime with crushed pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment